5 things today:
1. Went to Planet Smoothie Pittsburgh’s blog night last night. I brought a friend with me and we got to sample a bunch of yummy smoothies.
My favorite was the Chocolate Elvis. Chocolate, peanut butter, banana, DELICIOUS. Definitely a dessert food in my book. The owners and staff were incredibly friendly!
They use stevia and agave as sweetners, and some of the fruit based ones tasted overly sweet to me – and I LOVE sweet things. They did say all of their smoothies are 100% customizable, and were well versed in which were dairy and/or gluten free.
The RD in me knows that I could never spend 300+ calories on a drink, unless it was my only food for the next 6 hours.
Thumbs down for the lighting at my table!
Although we enjoyed tasting the smoothies, I was more excited about the fro yo – which we could sample like a regular customer but I was too stuffed by the end of the night – bummer!
2. It doesn’t hurt (as much) to spend $20 at Whole Foods and get very little when you bought the Living Social deal for $10.
Raspberry pretzels. Bad dietitian.
Luna minis on sale for $5.99!
Had to try three flavors of these new to me protein bars (I heard eating vegetarian in Poland can be a challenge, so I’ll be prepared).
A baking blogger staple!
3. I’m leaving for Europe in 4 days. About a week each in Poland (with my husband’s family for a wedding) and Italy (on our own and totally unplanned). I’m so nervous that I’m hardly excited. Stressed over packing. Ugh.
3b. I’d love some guest bloggers! E-mail me a post to clairetherd @ gmail dot com. Seriously.
4. Have you Googled something today?
It was NOT easy to catch a screen shot of this guy in action – but he opens his mouth when you type and follows your cursor around the screen. I could have wasted way more time at work had I discovered this earlier in the day.
5. Did you try these pumpkin muffins yet? What are you waiting for?!
Clearly I’m no good at this “5 things” deal. I’m hoping to check in before I leave for my trip, but we’ll see how hectic Monday is! Happy weekend all!