October 28, 2011
Posted by on
1) I finished the last book in the Hunger Games series last night. I wish it wasn’t over. That goes for Harry Potter too. I’m jealous of all the kids who are growing up and will have access to all the books and movies all at once – it was killer waiting for the next one in the series to come out! On that note, I never liked the Narnia series. I tried. I just didn’t.
2) I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it on the blog, but our house isn’t finished. We’ve been married almost 2 months and still staying with our parents. But now we’re picking tile for the bathroom and Pinterest is even more useful. But then I pinned some bathroom photos to my “Recipes” page and a recipe to my “House” page. I’m a crappy pinner.
3) I suck at writing my wedding thank you notes (but aren’t they beautiful?!). Colleen hit the nail on the head today when she talked about the struggle of fitting it all in. I thought that the wedding was my biggest time suck, but now I’m getting involved in so many other things, plus working full time, being a wife, and still getting to the gym 5 days a week. It’s exhausting. Thank God we have jeans days at work today and Monday, because all my dress pants are in the laundry basket.
4) It’s cold in Pittsburgh today. Like, had-to-wait-in-my-car-for-the-frost-on-my-windsheild-to-melt-so-I-didn’t-crash cold. Lame.
5) 5 links. Look how pretty Kristina’s Five Things are today. I need to make these apple cinnamon scones this weekend. Or pumpkin black bean soup while I watch the Steelers crush the Patriots. I made this last night and it had almost no flavor. Must have missed something. I think it’s time for another shellac manicure. My last one really did stay on for almost 3 weeks – then I painted over it and that polish stayed on really well too. Woo.
What did you bookmark this week?