November 18, 2011
Posted by on
Happy Friday! I’m totally on the bandwagon with this Friday favorites concept.
1) Incredible sale at Kohl’s (right, Janetha?)! I’ve been wanting black shoes for working out (spin class, etc) – they’re not super high quality and not good for running (if I ever get past 1 mile without pain), but I’ve been looking at them since they were more than $60. I got them on sale for $24.99 plus 45% off total – making them around $14 total! I should be a personal shopper. Send me your money and I’ll find you great deals, too. 😉
2) Socca twist on this delicious quesadilla. I made a rosemary socca base, with mushrooms, truffle oil, caramelized onions, gorgonzola, and veggie bacon. I love thin crust pizzas and socca is a quick and easy variation on a pizza!
3) Pumpkin pie blizzard – perfect protein filled dessert after a hard spin class!
4) The fact that Trader Joe’s opened near our new house! It meant brown rice sushi for lunch without having to venture out in to cold downtown Pittsburgh.
5) The ease of heating up a piece of my baked oatmeal every morning this week. It took the decision making out of breakfast! I think I’m ready for another pumpkin loaf.
This upcoming weekend…
I have to work tomorrow, just a short shift. Afterward I’m heading to an event in Bakery Square (an outdoor shopping area) hosted by local restaurants and shops. I won tickets from EatPGH and I’m taking my Mom as my date. It should be fun!
Sunday, I might be meeting up with a few fellow Pittsburghers… I hope it works out! 🙂
Tell me something that you’re looking forward to this weekend!