1) I had a guest post on becoming an RD on Peace, Love, and Oats last weekend while Katie was prepping for her finals. Go check it out.
2) Melissa said this popcorn is available at Whole Foods. Could be bad news for my waistline.
3) I’m going to run a few miles a week in addition to my regular workouts. Instead of 2-3 miles at a time, which tends to be painful on my injured ankle [perioneal tendonitis], I’ll add 1 mile at a time in addition to spin classes or strength days, just to build up my ankle strength. Hopefully this gets me back to running without pain – even if it takes time.
4) New favorite Starbucks treat: tall cafe’ misto (brewed coffee with steamed milk) with 1 pump sugar free vanilla & 1 pump sugar free cinnamon dolce – 60 calories! Holiday flavor but not gross like their gingerbread and not as many calories of pumpkin spice. Try it!
5) New breakfast obsession. I went to spin class last night and again early this morning (I’m working a late shift at work), and I was famished for a filling breakfast – oats or eggs just wouldn’t do.
I wanted to try one of Ashley’s famous buckwheat bakes, but I was also pressed for time. I used Bob’s Red Mill 10 grain hot cereal mix (which I never make on its own) to make a microwave breakfast cake. Protein packed, warm, dense, and super filling.
10 Grain Microwave Breakfast Cake
1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill 10 grain hot cereal (I’m sure any kind of grains would work here, but these add protein, fiber, and tons of vitamins)
1 egg white
1/2 banana, mashed well
1/2 scoop protein powder
3 Tbsp almond milk
3 drops vanilla stevia
1 tsp cinnamon
1) Mix all ingredients VERY well. The mixture should resemble a thin pancake batter.
2) Pour into greased microwave safe dish.
3) Cook 1:45-2:00 minutes – be careful it doesn’t over flow!
Approximate nutrition facts (without cinnamon raisin PB & syrup): 300 calories, 46 grams carbs, 5 grams fat, 22 grams protein
The texture was way better than microwaved protein cakes I’ve made in the past (which were always too eggy/chewy) – I think the flax in the 10 grain mixture helps to make it fluffy too. This would have been amazing topped with some Chobani but I’m all out! Time to restock this weekend. Can’t wait to try this with pumpkin.
5b) Did you miss my lightened up buffalo chickpea dip?
Nine days till Christmas! Who’s ready?
Have a great weekend! ❤