Five Food Friday
January 6, 2012
Posted by on
Good morning and happy Friday!
Notice the new header? My friend & neighbor Hannah designed it for me. She is an amazing photographer, has an Etsy shop, and works on blog design! Go visit her blog. Thanks, Hannah! 🙂
1) Creative leftovers – I broiled some TJ’s tofu with a liquid aminos / stevia / chili oil / rice vinegar marinade and added it to some leftover moo shu (?) shrimp. I wasn’t in the mood to go out for Chinese, but will happily enjoy someone else’s leftovers. 🙂
2) The rest of the tofu was used last night on an egg/tofu/guac sandwich, inspired a bit by this sandwich and this one, both of which were probably much more delicious, but this only took 10 minutes after a tough gym workout. I fully intended to add tomato but woops, that didn’t happen.
3) This sandwich was also my first experience with Mama Pea’s yogi guacamole. Holy yum. And garlic breath. 😉
4) My second batch of one pot macaroni and cheese. So simple, so satsifying. I made it last week and enjoyed it as a side dish for days.
5) I got up extra early (and I mean early) to make a batch of blueberry muffins. It’s a very special man’s birthday. I was so excited to buy a “husband” birthday card for the first time (photo from our thank you notes)!
I used the overnight oat muffin recipe and added lemon zest this time – can’t wait to see how they turned out! I brought one to work (hot out of the pan, in this lovely foil wrapping) and left the rest on the counter for Adam. I left two without crumb topping so I feel little less guilty eating them.
I also purchased a filet mignon for the first time last night and plan to make it for Adam tonight. Wish us BOTH luck. 🙂
How do you make your significant other’s/friend’s/family members’ birthdays extra special?
I think baking is love in the form of food. 🙂